Conference Tracks & Programme
1. Developments in IB theory: designing sustainable international business models - Track Chair: Piotr Trąpczyński (Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland)
2. Internationalization theory and practices in various industries - Track Chair: Tiia Vissak (University of Tartu, Estonia)
3. International entrepreneurship and internationalization of family firms - Track Chair: Krzysztof Wach (Cracow University of Economics, Poland)
4. Competitiveness of economies and industries - Track Co-Chairs: Erzsebet Czako (Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary) and Miklos Kozma (Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary)
5. Digital (r)evolution and its impact on consumers, societies, markets and cultures - Track Chair: Blazenka Knezevic (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
6. Knowledge management and human resource development for sustainable innovation - Track Co-Chairs: Jurgita Sekliuckiene (Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania) and Jozsef Poor (J. Selye University, Slovakia)
7. International Business and Sustainable Development Goals in Emerging Economies - Track Co-Chairs: Michal K. Lemanski (Nottingham University Business School, China) and Matevz Raskovic (Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand)
8. Teaching IB and networking in the CEE region - Track Co-Chairs: Miroslaw Jarosinski (SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland) and Kęstutis Duoba, (Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania)
9. Online sessions on International Business Development - Track Co-Chairs: Andreja Jaklič (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia) and Agnieszka Głodowska (Cracow University of Economics, Poland)
Constantin Bratianu: The Time Paradox and Knowledge Strategies
Dana Minbaeva: Knowledge, knowledge leakage and IPR in IB
Francescsa Dal Mas: Intellectual capital and sustainability: From a performance-based to a worth-based perspective
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PARTICIPANTS REGARDING THE PROGRAMME!
To online participants : The official online platform of the Faculty of Economics Zagreb for online meetings is Google Meet! All links to online parts of the conference programme are links to Google Meet. To avoid technical shortcomings and to be able to take a part at online events, participants are adviced to use their Gmail addresses when they access events. For some online events, chairs or leaders must give you a permission to participate. Therefore, access given link at least 10 minutes before scheduled time!
To on site participants: For events that are given as hints or that are given only as a suggestion, organizers of the conference do not hold any responsibility for organizational problems and issues. We only outlined some ideas upon our knowledge on events organized by other in our beloved Zagreb city.
Programme (Working version - updated 10th September 2022)
PLEASE NOTE: Hours are expressed at Central European Time (CET)!!!
Wednesday, 14th September 2022
13:00 - 16:00 Online sessions (links and schedule of presentations are available here>>>)
14:00 AIB CEE Executive Board Welcome Meeting and Networking (upon special invitation only; on site room 14 - main building 1st floor)
15:00 on site registration desk opens
16:00 OPENING CEREMONY AT FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ZAGREB (room 3 and hybrid transmission open for online participants, link>>>)
16:30 - 17:30 Keynote by Constantin Bratianu, PhD: The Time Paradox and Knowledge Strategies (room 3 and hybrid transmission open for online participants, link>>>)
18:00 Welcome reception / cocktail at LORCA BAR (Donje Svetice 26; walking distance from the conference venue)
Hint to spice up the night (optional): 18:45 starts important football game for Dinamo Zagreb football club (Champions League - against AC Milan in Milano), we can stay for a longer to watch it if there will be possibility nearby. As Dinamo stadium is also within walking distance from the conference venue, we assume that we will have that possibility. So put on something blue no matter whether are you Dinamo fan or not because, anyhow, for the city of Zagreb the official color is blue!
Thursday, 15th September 2022
09:30 Registration desk opens; welcome coffee available on site
10:00 -11:00 Parallel sessions (rooms 36, 37, 38, 51, 54, 55) - schedule of presentations is available here >>>
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break (near room 51)
11:30-13:00 Parallel sessions (rooms 36, 37, 38, 51, 54, 55) - schedule of presentations is available here >>>
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch (KEFA restaurant of FEBZg)
14:00 - 16:00 Keynotes by Dana Minbaeva and Francesca Dal Mas; Discussion (room 3 and link>>>)
16:00-16:15 Coffee break (near rooom 3)
16:15 - 17:30 Parallel sessions (rooms 36, 37, 38, 51, 54, 55) - schedule of presentations is available here >>>
17:30 - 17:45 Coffee break (near room 51)
20:00 Conference dinner at MAXI PUB (Ulica Divka Budaka, Borongaj, walking distance from the conference venue)
Hint for afterwork and of the schedule (optional, individual): There is HA LA LAND Gin & Beer festival at Hala park. On 15th September there are several bands playing (Kries, Beatles Revival Band, Mary May). Ticket costs 75 kunas i.e. around 10 EUR per one festival day at https://www.entrio.hr/en/event/ha-la-land-ginbeer-fest-hala-zagreb-open-air-11815. This festival is open from 15th till 18th September 2022.
Friday, 16th September 2022
09:30 Registration desk opens, coffee on site
10:00 - 11:15 Parallel sessions (rooms 51-54) - schedule is available here >>>
11:15 - 11:30 Coffee break (near room 51)
11:30 - 12:30 PANEL by Andrei Panibratov: Sanctions and international business: reaction of and effect for firms (panelists: Andrei Panibratov, Desislava Dikova, Tony Fang and Marina Latukha) - room 51 and link>>>
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch (KEFA restaurant of FEBZg)
14:00 - 15:00 ROUNDTABLE discussion on Challenges of international business in times of crisis coordinated by Lukasz Puslecki and Piotr Trąpczyński (room 15; only offline)
15:00 - 15:15 Coffee break
15:15 - 16:00 AIB-CEE CHAPTER DEVELOPMENT SESSION AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF AIB CEE 2023 CONFERENCE (room 15; only offline)
16:00 - 16:30 Conference closing and award ceremony (room 15; only offline); farewell toast.
Suggestions for those who are staying in Zagreb till Friday evening (we can agree to go together to visit one of the following places):
Medvednica Mountain, top Sljeme - riding by one of the newest cable cars in Europe and one of the most expensive investments in Zagreb in last 15 years (this is very nice idea if the weather is good; there are a couple of small restaurants on the top with some typical dishes of the local cuisine, the ride lasts about 20 minutes and the last cable car from the Sljeme top to Zagreb starts at 19:00 CET; so if we decide for this option we have to go up right after the farewell!)
Jarun Lake in Zagreb - walk and chill out like at the seaside (if the weather is nice)
visit and get educated in the Museum of chocholate or Museum of illusions (not dependable on weather conditions; last admissions at 19:00)